The Tower Technician II will install, maintain, and operate wired, wireless, fiber optic and microwave telecommunications equipment and systems. As a Tower Technician II, support will be provided in the maintenance and operation of generators, HVAC, and telecommunication site infrastructures.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands and implements MasTec Network Solutions (MNS) Health Safety and Environmental Policies. (Safety Manual).
- Understands and implements Industry standards (OSHA, TIA10-48, NATE CTS and ANSI)
- Climbing towers and ladders at various heights
- Erection of various tower types
- Off-loading material and inventory
- Preparation and cleaning of sites
- Installation of new carriers on new build and existing towers
- Assists in tower erection using helicopters, cranes and gin poles
- Assists in the assembly of monopole, all weld and knock down self-support and guyed towers
- Assists in the antenna installation of microwave parabolic 1 to 15-foot, VHF, UHF, cellular and FM broadcast antennas
- Assists in the transmission line and installation of foam/air dielectric coaxial, hardline and elliptical waveguide.
- Assists in the installation of all aspects of ell site foundations, grounding and conduits, with electrical installations where applicable.
- Serve as a mentor to new less experienced technicians
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years tower experience
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions per prints
- Working knowledge of safety standards and regulations.
- NWSA certification is a plus
- Must have the ability to climb towers, be able to pick up 50 lbs., and capable of working up to 12 hours.
- Must have a valid driver�s license and driving record meeting the company policy conditions
- Must be available to work weekends and/or nights, in extreme weather conditions if necessary
- Must have the ability and be willing to travel extensively, as required for job related functions.
- Must be able to work out of market or away from home as work demands