MasTec is currently seeking Directional Drill Operators/Locators to join our dynamic Team. The role of a Horizontal/Directional Drill Operator and Locator includes operating horizontal/directional drill rigs, locating equipment and product support equipment. Perform semi-skilled activities related to HDD locating must be familiar with industry standards, policies, guidelines, and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operates Horizontal Directional Drill for installation of underground telecommunications cable conduit, including fiber optic cable.
• Ensures safety of the public and other utilities underground facilities.
• Performs all duties according to prescribed safety procedures and uses appropriate safety equipment.
• Setup and cleanup of work site including traffic and pedestrian control.
• Reads utility locates and coordinating day lighting of these facilities.
• Ensures all applicable permits and locates are complete and on site.
• Inspects the work that is in progress to ensure that the workmanship conforms to specifications.
• Operates construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
• Level earth to final grade specifications.
• Operates vehicles and equipment operations from trucks to other equipment as directed and certified.
• Performs proper maintenance by greasing, oiling, and making minor repairs on equipment.
• Leads teams in the field effectively and efficiently as needed and directed by supervisor.
Locator’s responsibilities include:
• Confirm bore path with install foreman and drill operator (including walking the bore path).
• Perform job site analysis (JSA) including completion of paperwork.
• Ensure there are proper clearances to install the product per standards.
• Record the depth of the tool head as required.
• Ensure the drill head is in a good position at the exit pit to connect the product.
• Oversee laborers and/or crew member’s work and monitor time usage.
• 3 years of Horizontal Directional Drill experience;
• Valid driver’s license;
• Must obtain a CDL class “A” driver’s license within 30 days of employment;
• Clean driving record.
Don’t miss this great opportunity!
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.